Celebrating life's everyday hidden and unexpected treasures. Turning ordinary moments into extraordinary experiences.

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Valentine's Day Isn't Just for Grown Ups!

In celebrating Valentine's Day I always made it a point to have little Valentine surprises for my three children from my husband and I.  The joy on their little faces when they came home from school and looked on their beds to find a card and a small gift was priceless.  I'd set the dinner table with a table cloth, linen napkins and china.  They felt so special.

We've continued the tradition even though they're all teenagers now and one is in college.  They still enjoy receiving a card with a chocolate bar or pair of  heart socks.  I still enjoy the looks on their faces.  It doesn't have to cost a small fortune to celebrate Valentine's Day.  If you want to spend a small fortune by all means go ahead!  The important thing is to let the special people in your life know they are loved.  Simply do what you learned in kindergarten, show and tell!


2 comments:

  1. I agree, the expression on my daughter's face is priceless. Even though she is now in college, she still look forward to receiving her valentine from mom and dad. It make you feel so good to see that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They need to know that they're loved from an early age.

    ReplyDelete