Celebrating life's everyday hidden and unexpected treasures. Turning ordinary moments into extraordinary experiences.

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Have a Soup Celebration!

When we lived in North Carolina we had a tradition that was one of the funnest things we did all year.  On Christmas Eve my relatives and friends would get together for my Annual Christmas Eve Soup Party.  Since everyone pigs out at Christmas dinner we'd get together on Christmas Eve to serve something on the lighter side.  There was a total of six families and each family would bring a different soup.  I'd provide assorted breads, desserts and punch.  We also had a coffee/hot cocoa bar.  I'd set up a table for the children complete with their own bread basket too.  We always had a  great time.

We moved to Michigan this year and for the first time in eight years my sister and I were apart at Christmas time.  She carried on the tradition in North Carolina as planned and invited some new families and friends.  I did the same thing.  The tradition lives on!  We spoke to each other minutes before our parties and wished each other well and God's blessings.  We spoke again after our parties and had some wonderful stories to tell. Who knows?  Maybe we'll start a Soup Across America Campaign!

With the colder months closing in why not throw a soup party?   Don't let the winter month duldrums get you down.  You're probably already eating a lot of soup anyway.  Invite family and friends over and celebrate with soup.  Like I always say, there's always time for a celebration!









No comments:

Post a Comment